Re: Including Perl DBI in our CVS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Including Perl DBI in our CVS
Date: 2001-05-12 21:42:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Do people want the more modern Perl DBI interface code added to our CVS
> tree?  Seems like it would be a good idea.

Not unless our CVS becomes the master repository for DBD::Pg.

We have enough problems with the existing perl5 interface being out of
sync with its maintainer's copy.  We don't need to be distributing
obsolete copies of DBD::Pg.  In fact, given that Perl people are
accustomed to fetching such things from CPAN, I'm not sure we should
try to distribute it as part of our releases at all...