pg_upgrade and regclass

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: pg_upgrade and regclass
Date: 2011-12-02 15:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
In Postgres 8.4, pg_upgrade preserved pg_class relfilenodes by creating
files in the file system.  In Postgres 9.0, we changed this by creating
pg_upgrade_support functions which allow us to directly preserve
pg_class.oids.

Unfortunately, check.c was not updated to reflect this and clusters
using regclass were prevented from being upgraded by pg_upgrade.

I have developed the attached patch to allow clusters using regclass to
be upgraded.  I plan to apply it to PG 9.0, 9.1, and HEAD.

Next:From: Yeb HavingaDate: 2011-12-02 16:11:47