Re: Command Triggers

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Command Triggers
Date: 2011-12-01 18:12:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 06:47:13 PM Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> exception to that rule would be SELECT INTO and CREATE TABLE AS SELECT,
> and my proposal would be to add specific call sites to the functions
> I've provided in the attached patch rather than try to contort them into
> being a good citizen as a utility command.
I would very much prefer to make them utility commands and rip out the
executor support for that.
It doesn't look that complicated and would allow us to get rid of the
partially duplicated defineRelation and related stuff from the executor where
its violating my aestetic feelings ;)

Is there something making that especially hard that I overlooked? The
infrastructure for doing so seems to be there.

Andres