Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.
Date: 2011-12-01 10:18:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

me> I'll put further thought into dblink-plus taking it into
me> account.
..
me> Please let me have a little more time.

I've inquired the developer of dblink-plus about
RegisterResourceReleaseCallback(). He said that the function is
in bad compatibility with current implementation. In addition to
this, storing into tuplestore directly seems to me a good idea
than palloc'ed PGresult.

So I tried to make libpq/PGresult be able to handle alternative
tuple store by hinting to PGconn, and modify dblink to use the
mechanism as the first sample code.

I will show it as a series of patches in next message.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center