Re: test strange behavior

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: test strange behavior
Date: 2011-11-07 00:16:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:50:29 -0500

> [ Please keep the list cc'd. ]

Yeah I know: all other MLs I'm subscribed use the ML e-mail address
as the To: field, yours use the subscriber; so I have to hit
ctrl-shit-r instead of ctrl-l, and sometimes I forget.

> The reason this function doesn't do anything for null inputs is you've
> declared it STRICT. So it doesn't get called at all, and you get no
> rows out:

Oops my bad, I read the doc diagonaly and missed this one.

> If that were the correct explanation, you'd have been getting the whole
> table back, not none of it.

Yep, its working correctly now, thanks Tom.

--
Out of the mouths of babes does often come cereal.