Global variables

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Global variables
Date: 2011-11-05 14:31:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi list,

I think I can create "global variables" into a session, working like
ie: SHOW 'search_path' (but I don't remember how), but is it a good practice?

I have several functions that depends on the DB owner's OID, so my idea is
to store this OID into a "global variables" to avoid these functions make
a call to the owner's identication function each time.

JY
--
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.