BUG #6175: Service name should be fixed

From: "Eduard Rozenberg" <eduardr(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6175: Service name should be fixed
Date: 2011-08-25 00:59:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6175
Logged by: Eduard Rozenberg
Email address: eduardr(at)pobox(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1RC1
Operating system: Windows7 x64
Details:

In windows Services panel, the postgres entry is something like postgresql
9.1 - Postgresql ...

It looks different than all other services entries which are short and
properly capitalized. It's a small thing but I just find the long,
uncapitalized name ugly and inconsistent with all other entries there.

I manually hacked the registry to fix the service name.

Please consider calling the service PostgreSQL and making the Display Name
also PostgreSQL.

Thanks,
--Ed