Re: Using Postgresql as application server

From: Uwe Schroeder <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Date: 2011-08-14 08:02:51
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-general

> > can u please give me it's link.
> > I found ngx_postgres module.
> >
> >>     there is nginx_htttp_postgresql_module
> >>     exactly to connect webserver directly to postgresql
> >>     and to OUTPUT query result to a browser.
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/3rdPartyModules
> http://labs.frickle.com/nginx_ngx_postgres/

Which is still a webserver on top of postgresql. Sure, you're coding more in
postgresql, but by the end of the day, a database is a database and a
webserver is a webserver. Sure, you can use a kitchen knife to chop firewood,
but wouldn't a tool made for the job be better at it?
IMHO you trade flexibility and security with "simplification" Personally I'd
never ever hook my database directly to the internet - for me that's like
writing your PIN on your banking card and leave it next to the ATM :-)