Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662

From: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662
Date: 2011-08-04 09:04:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:18:20AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Evidently not, if it's not logging anything, but now the question is
> why.  One possibility is that for some reason RelationGetNumberOfBlocks
> is persistently lying about the file size.  (We've seen kernel bugs
> before that resulted in transiently wrong values, so this isn't totally
> beyond the realm of possibility.)  Please try the attached patch, which
> extends the previous one to add a summary line including the number of
> blocks physically scanned by the seqscan.

Ok, I have results from the latest patch and have attached a redacted
server log with the select relfilenode output added inline. This is the
shorter of the logs and shows the sequence pretty clearly. I have additional
logs if wanted.

relfilenode.

-dg

--
David Gould       daveg(at)sonic(dot)net      510 536 1443    510 282 0869