Re: Another issue with invalid XML values

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another issue with invalid XML values
Date: 2011-07-26 16:04:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:09:13PM +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
> On Jul26, 2011, at 01:57 , Noah Misch wrote:
> > We could rearrange things so the xml2-config -L
> > flags (or lack thereof) take priority over a --with-libraries directory for
> > the purpose of finding libxml2.
>
> Hm, how would we do that just for the purpose of finding libxml? Do autotools
> provide a way to specify per-library -L flags?

Autoconf (built-in macros, that is) and Automake do not get involved in that. I
vaguely recall Libtool having support for it, but PostgreSQL does not use
Automake or Libtool. I also spoke too loosely: -L is never per-library, but you
can emulate that by completing the search externally and passing a full path to
the linker.

Honestly, the benefit is probably too light to justify going to this trouble.

--
Noah Misch http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/