BUG #6042: unlogged table with Streaming Replication

From: "Tomonari Katsumata" <katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6042: unlogged table with Streaming Replication
Date: 2011-05-27 05:26:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6042
Logged by:          Tomonari Katsumata
Email address:      katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp
PostgreSQL version: 9.1beta1
Operating system:   RHEL5.3 x86_64
Details:

Hi,

I've checked "unlogged table" and "Streaming Replication".
I'm thinking about using unlogged tables as work-tables on Primary.

1) construct Streaming Replication Environment.
  Primary and Standby are same server with different database cluster and
port number.

2) create unlogged table on Primary.
  =# CREATE UNLOGGED TABLE tbl1(i int);
  This table is available on primary only.

3) Stop Standby.
  [standby]$ pg_ctl stop

4) create unlogged table on Primary again.
  =# CREATE UNLOGGED TABLE tbl2(i int);

when I executed 4), any response is not back to my psql. and I canceled the
query, I got messages bellow.
---
Cancel request sent
WARNING:  canceling wait for synchronous replication due to user request
DETAIL:  The transaction has already committed locally, but may not have
been replicated to the standby.
CREATE TABLE
---
and the table has been created.

I think It's strange behavior(a canceled table has been created).

Is this the same problem with "BUG #6041"?

regards,
----
Tomonari Katsumata

pgsql-bugs by date