Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date: 2011-05-13 03:33:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greg Smith wrote:
> Output: here's three from 9.1 I think I know the history of to
> demonstrate what format this might appear in. Bits in [] would be
> hyperlinks:
>
> Sponsor - Feature [commit] - Developer
> * Enova Financial: Add the pg_describe_object() function
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-11/msg00177.php]
> (Alvaro Herrera, Command Prompt)
> * 2ndQuadrant Ltd, NTT Open Source Japan: Efficient
> transaction-controlled synchronous replication
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2011-03/msg00056.php]
> (Simon Riggs, 2ndQuadrant Ltd; Fujii Masao, NTT Open Source Japan)
> * EnterpriseDB: Support unlogged tables.
> [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-12/msg00235.php]
> (Robert Haas, EnterpriseDB)

The above sure looks like a billboard to me, as I stated in an earlier
email. :-(

It feels like we are naming sports stadiums after companies, but instead
it is PG features. It also feels like a non-profit building where
everything donated has a little brass plack nailed on it. :-(

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com