BUG #5991: Bug restore .backup

From: "Kananda Silveira" <kanandasilvanos(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5991: Bug restore .backup
Date: 2011-04-20 19:22:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5991
Logged by: Kananda Silveira
Email address: kanandasilvanos(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3-1-windows
Operating system: Windows 7
Details:

Recently, I change postgreSQL version 8.4 to 9.0. But when I created a new
base in pgAdmin III and select the option to "restore" using a "backup" file
generated from the 8.4 version... the restoration ended with errors, closed
and corrupted the service (it not start anymore). It was necessary to
uninstall the program, delete the data and the postgres user and install it
again to return to work. I tried again that operation and the same error
happened. It is a serious bug, because a bug in the restore should not
corrupt the program's installation and service!