BUG #5990: 100% CPU reached

From: "Allen Sooredoo" <allen_sooredoo(at)carrefour(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5990: 100% CPU reached
Date: 2011-04-20 14:55:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5990
Logged by:          Allen Sooredoo
Email address:      allen_sooredoo(at)carrefour(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Windows Server 2003
Details:

Hi,
we are facing a performance issue on Postgres 8.4, the CPU reaches 100% with
less than 50 simultaneous users.

We were thinking to migrate the HR system from Oracle to Postgres but now
that we have those big performance problems on relatively small
applications, we are questioning this choice.

The machine configuration, dedicated to Postgres is as follow:
RAM: 3GB
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU 3.2 Ghz

Could you please provide us some support regarding this issue?

Regards

pgsql-bugs by date