Re: SSDs with Postgresql?

From: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
Date: 2011-04-14 16:56:12
Lists: pgsql-general
After a glowing review at AnandTech (including DB benchmarks!) I decided to
spring for an OCX Vertex 3 Pro 120 for evaluation purposes. It cost about $300
with shipping, etc and at this point, won't be putting any

Considering that I sprang for 96 GB of ECC RAM last spring for around $5000,
even if I put the OCX drives in pairs w/RAID1, I'd still come out well ahead
if it allows me to put off buying more servers for a year or two.

-Ben

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 02:30:06 AM Leonardo Francalanci wrote:
> have a look at
>
>  http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Intel-SSDs-that-may-not-suck-td426
> 8261.html
>

> It looks like those are "safe" to use with a db, and aren't that expensive.

believed to be clean.