SSDs with Postgresql?

From: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSDs with Postgresql?
Date: 2011-04-14 04:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general
The speed benefits of SSDs as benchmarked would seem incredible. Can anybody
comment on SSD benefits and problems in real life use?

I maintain some 100 databases on 3 servers, with 32 GB of RAM each and an
extremely rich, complex schema. (300+ normalized tables)

I was wondering if anybody here could comment on the benefits of SSD in
similar, high-demand rich schema situations?

-Ben

believed to be clean.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Lonni J FriedmanDate: 2011-04-14 04:52:32