Re: JDBC gripe list

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC gripe list
Date: 2011-03-31 10:21:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Στις Thursday 31 March 2011 13:06:04 ο/η Thomas Kellerer έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios, 31.03.2011 09:58:
> >> If you are on 9.0 and have control over the connection
> >> initialization in the pool, then using 9.0's "application_name"
> >> might be a solution to this.
> >>
> >> If you can configure the pool to run
> >>
> >> SET application_name = 'app_user_name'
> >>
> >> when a connection is taken out of the pool, then this name can be
> >> part of the log message in the PostgreSQL logfile.
> >>

> > Yes, sure, thanx for sharing this. One could indeed do this by
> > hacking/subclassing the relevant pool classes in the app server. But
> > that would still be a work around. I dont know why SET application
> > ='' is reflected in the log files, but SET ROLE is not. Is it
> > intentional ? Anyways this question should be targeted to the backend
> > guys rather than here.
>
> The actual SET application_name is not logged directly, but you can change the log configuration to include the name that is set with that statement.

You mean log_line_prefix parameter. Ok but a
log_line_prefix = '%d %a %u %p %c %m '
while it prints correctly %a (application) (as set by SET application_name),
it does not print correctly %u (user) (as set by SET ROLE).

--
Achilleas Mantzios