BUG #5943: jdbc client doesn't omit pg_toast_temp tables from schema views

From: "Daniel Ceregatti" <daniel(at)ceregatti(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5943: jdbc client doesn't omit pg_toast_temp tables from schema views
Date: 2011-03-23 23:01:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5943
Logged by: Daniel Ceregatti
Email address: daniel(at)ceregatti(dot)org
PostgreSQL version: N/A
Operating system: N/A
schema views
Details:

In the file org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java is the
query:

sql = "SELECT nspname AS TABLE_SCHEM FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace WHERE
nspname <> 'pg_toast' AND nspname !~ '^pg_temp_' ORDER BY TABLE_SCHEM";

Using Data Tools Platform in eclipse I was able to see all the
pg_toast_temp_XXX schemas in the schema view.

Using postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar

Please note that RhodiumToad in #postgresql on irc.freenode.org actually
discovered this based on a conversation he, ojacobson, and I had, and I'm
simply reporting what he discovered.

Thanks,

Daniel