volatile markings to silence compilers

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: volatile markings to silence compilers
Date: 2011-03-17 04:36:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Looking over the release notes, we have added a few 'volatile' storage
specifications to variables which are near longjump/TRY blocks to
silence compilers.  I am worried that these specifications don't clearly
identify their purpose.  Can we rename these to use a macro for
'volatile' that will make their purpose clearer and perhaps their
removal one day easier?