Synchronous standby

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Synchronous standby
Date: 2011-02-23 08:49:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In 9.1, we will be able to have synchrnous replication. Also we have
one standby server chosen by primary to be the synchronous standby
(still I'm not sure this is correct or not as stated in another mail).

Is there anyway to know which is the synchronous standby? IMO this is
important for users because that one is likely the least behind to
primary and will be chosen to promoto in case of primary dying in most
cases.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan