Re: cp1250 problem

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cp1250 problem
Date: 2011-02-15 11:26:58
Lists: pgsql-admin
Στις Tuesday 15 February 2011 12:44:31 ο/η Lukasz Brodziak έγραψε:
> Hello,
>
> How can I set PostgreSQL locale and encoding to be pl_PL.cp1250 all I
> can do is pl_PL.UTF-8.
> I have PG 8.2.4 on Ubuntu 10.04 (polish version).

I had similar issues with the Greek ISO locale/encoding and the UTF one.
If i had known earlier i would have implemented UTF since day one.
UTF-8 support is pretty mature, so i dont see any reason for people to
hold back to ISO encodings (in year 2011!)

The locale for your whole cluster is defined in postgresql.conf.
(and i believe the value is inherited by the ENV variables at initdb time)
Now each database has its *own* encoding.
psql -l
lists who has what.

--
Achilleas Mantzios