Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)
Date: 2011-02-11 21:37:38
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers
> > Teodor sent it to the list Dec 28, see
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4D1A1677.80300%40sigaev.ru
[...]
> That having been said, this looks like a fairly mechanical change to a
> contrib module that you and Teodor wrote.  So I'd say if you guys are
> confident that it's correct, go ahead and commit.  If you need it
> reviewed, or if you can't commit it in the next week or so, I think
> it's going to have to wait for 9.2.

Alright, I've gone through this patch and the main thing it's missing is
documentation, as far as I can tell.  It passes all the regression tests
(and adds a number of them which are then tested with, which is always
nice) and while there are quite a few changes, they're all pretty
mechanical and simple.  There are some really minor whitespace issues
too, but overall I think this is ready to be committed, so long as we
have a promise that someone will write up the documentation for it.

I'd write the docs, but I'm not 100% sure that I know what's going on
enough to really write them correctly. :)  I'm also hoping that someone
else is already working on them.  If not, feel free to ping me and I'll
work on writing up *something*, at least.

	Thanks,

		Stephen