Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting
Date: 2011-01-28 07:44:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> I did s/failover/promote. Here is the updated patch.
>
> I rebased the patch to current git master.

I'm thinking about implementing a function which does a promotion for
the standby. It will make pgpool lot easier to control the promotion
since it allow to fire the promotion operation (either creating a
trigger file or sending a signal) via SQL, not ssh etc.

If there's enough interest, I will propose such a function for next CF.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan