DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures
Date: 2011-01-06 20:20:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

  Looking at discard all, I was a bit suprised that 'DISCARD PLANS;'
  doesn't clear out cached stored procedures.  To be honest, that's one
  of the main reasons I'd see to use it.  I thought there had been some
  discussion in the archives related to invalidating stored procedure
  plans due to catalog or other changes, I would have thought it'd be
  possible to hook into that to do the same on a DISCARD PLANS;.

  Thoughts?  Is there an issue doing that?  It certainly seems like it'd
  be a lot better than what he current documentation requires:

  When necessary, the cache can be flushed by starting a fresh database
  session.

  Maybe we could use 'DISCARD PLPLANS;' or something, if people feel
  there needs to be a seperate way to clear those.

  	Thanks,

		Stephen

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2011-01-06 20:32:29