BUG #5795: 9.0.2 PDF needs editing

From: "Leslie Satenstein" <lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5795: 9.0.2 PDF needs editing
Date: 2010-12-20 02:39:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5795
Logged by: Leslie Satenstein
Email address: lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4+ incl 9.0
Operating system: Fedora 14 / Debian Squeeze
Details:

Using pdf for 9.0.2 version,

The insert examples in section 2.4 do not function if a cut and paste from
pdf to psql is done

This is the problem
INSERT INTO weather VALUES (’San Francisco’, 46, 50, 0.25,
’1994-11-27’);
The fields city and date should have ' as delimiter, not

Corrected is the following that works. Error messages are not clear. It
would be great if psql indicated invalid character as error type.

INSERT INTO weather VALUES ('San Francisco', 46, 50, 0.25, '1994-11-27');

In fact, there is a lot of touching up that needs to be done to this english
pdf document. (I can do it or I can prepare a list of pages and changes
needed to make a cleaner document)