Re: Bufer cache replacement LRU algorithm?

From: Kenneth Marshall <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bufer cache replacement LRU algorithm?
Date: 2010-11-03 16:52:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

You would need to check the mailing lists. The release notes
have it as being a clock sweep algorithm starting in version
8. Then additional changes were added to eliminate the cache
blowout caused by a sequential scan and by vacuum/autovacuum.
I do not believe that there are any parameters available other
than total size of the pool and whether sequential scans are