Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Date: 2010-09-20 15:23:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Thom Brown wrote:
> I discussed the javascript change with Magnus, and whilst in *theory*
> it won't affect the rest of the site, we deemed it safer to apply it
> at a later stage, and just keep the existing gecko fixes script there
> until the other one can be tested properly. It's only really been
> tested against the docs, but would be included in the general site
> header so would be loaded for every page on the site. The CSS it
> injects affects the document container so that's the "in theory" bit.
> But my version of the site we were using it on isn't the same as the
> current one as it's still under development.
>
> Once things have died down a little from the 9.0 release, I'll coax
> Magnus into applying that to his copy of the site and draft in people
> to test it both on the docs and the rest of the site.

Thanks. So, tomorrow? ;-)

One issue I see is that we made fixed-width font size match
proportional-width fonts in the doc javascript because we were mixing
the two in the same paragraph. There might be cases where we don't mix
them on the web site and might want to honor whatever size differences
specified by the user.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com