Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Date: 2010-09-17 12:29:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:01:18PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Well ... I guess the other attitude we could take is that that was a
> private development branch of Michael's. If we'd been working in git

Actually it wasn't. This branch was created when ecpg grew too big for the
released version of bison. We had to use a development snapshot of bison to
even compile ecpg back then and didn't want to put the ecpg changes into the
main branch because this would have prevented most people from compiling PG. At
least that's what I still remember.

As far as converting this branch to git, I'd say forget about it. All changes
to the parser went into CVS HEAD as soon as a suitable bison version was
released.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com