Issue related to #5253

From: Kesavan <kesavan(at)emmeskay(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issue related to #5253
Date: 2010-09-12 15:17:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

I am also getting the bug #5253 sometimes. The warning message thrown as

"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.
Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"

If I proceed installation it turns out the data directory is
completely empty. During the install, I did_not_ un-check the box
asking if I wanted to "Install pl/pgsql in template1 database", so it
should have been in there as well.

I ran the installer while logged into the Administrator account. So
absolutely no issue of Read/write access in "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf" file.

After few attempts, I was able to install without any issue in the
same system with same user and the same directory path.

So I want to know, what are the root causes for this issue.

Regards
S.Kesavan

Sent using Emmeskay Webmail Service.