Question about PQexecParams

From: "Steve" <steeeeeveee(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about PQexecParams
Date: 2010-09-11 12:44:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello list,

I would like to call a function from my C application by using libpq and PQexecParams. My problem is that I don't know how to specify that I want to send an array to the function.

Assume the function is called lookup_data and takes the following parameters: lookup_data(integer,integer,bigint[])

I would like to specify the OID with my query. How would I do that? Assume I would like to query 3 values for bigint:

const char *paramValues[5];
Oid paramTypes[5];
int paramLengths[5];
int paramFormats[5];

int32_t ivalue1 = htonl(value1);
paramValues[0] = (char *)&ivalue1;
paramTypes[0] = INT4OID;
paramLengths[0] = sizeof(ivalue1);
paramFormats[0] = 1;

int32_t ivalue2 = htonl(value2);
paramValues[1] = (char *)&ivalue2;
paramTypes[1] = INT4OID;
paramLengths[1] = sizeof(ivalue2);
paramFormats[1] = 1;

etc...

How would I tell libpq that the next 3 values are an array of bigint?

I tried to use INT8OID and specify the query like below but that did not work:
SELECT * FROM lookup_data($1,$2,{$3,$4,$5})

Probably I have to set the query to be:
SELECT * FROM lookup_data($1,$2,{$3})

Or:
SELECT * FROM lookup_data($1,$2,$3)

But what would I set for paramTypes? How can I say that the values are an array of bigint? I assume that I can set paramValues to be an array and paramLengths to be sizeof one value multiplied by the amount of elements in the array.

I am somehow lost and don't know how to call the function and pass an array to libpq.

Can any one help me with this?

// Steve
--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl