Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Date: 2010-09-11 00:34:49
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It wasn't introduced for the existing site, but you can grab it from here:
> >
> > http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/media/js/monospacefix.js
> > http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/media/css/monospacefixes.css
>
> OK, that helps, and I see the issue now. You basically have no way to
> push the calculation up into the style sheet. There are several
>
> 1. Use document.styleSheet[] to push changes into the style sheet
> 2. Use javascript to set a computed "style" string for every item with
> a specific class.
> 3. Use a single monospacefixes.css file
> 4. Use one of several monospacefixes.css files based on a computed value
>
> #1 and #2 are overkill, I think. #3 is what we have now, and is
> obviously deficient. #4 seems good to me; using
> http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/media/js/monospacefix.js I would add:
>
> if (propSize / monoSize >= 1.8)
> document.write('<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "/media/css/monospacefixes1_8.css";</style>\n');
> else if (propSize / monoSize >= 1.4)
> document.write('<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "/media/css/monospacefixes1_4.css";</style>\n');
> else if (propSize / monoSize >= 1.2)
> document.write('<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "/media/css/monospacefixes1_2.css";</style>\n');
> else if (propSize / monoSize >= 1.1)
> document.write('<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "/media/css/monospacefixes1_1.css";</style>\n');

Duh, I don't know what I was thinking. This is the way to do it ---
create the CSS inline rather than link in a file:

if (monoSize != propSize)
{
document.write('
#docContainer tt,
#docContainer pre,
#docContainer code {
font-size: ' + (propSize / monoSize) + 'em;
}
}

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com