Re: ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Date: 2010-09-01 14:41:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> 1. The statement
>
>     UPDATE table SET fld1 = :input1
>     WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
>     RETURNING id + :input2;
>
>     is transformed into
>
>     UPDATE table SET fld1 = $1
>     WHERE CURRENT OF $0
>     RETURNING id + $2;
>
>     and the $0 is past $1. The current code cannot deal with such
>     a messed up order, and scanning the original query twice is
>     needed, once for $0 substitution, once for mapping $1, etc. to
>     the other input variables.

I cannot seem to reproduce this bug. Could you please send me an example that
makes this reproducible? Yes, I know that I have to change preproc.y to allow
for variable cursor names but in my test case everything seems to work well and
$0 gets replaced by the cursor name.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype michaelmeskes, Jabber meskes(at)jabber(dot)org