slow DDL creation

From: Kevin Kempter <cs_dba(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: slow DDL creation
Date: 2010-08-30 22:28:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi all ;

we have an automated partition creation process that includes the creation of
an FK constraint. we have a few other servers with similar scenarios and this
is the only server that stinks per when we create the new partitions.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to debug this? were running postgres 8.4.4 on
CentOS 5.5

Thanks in advance