Re: libpq: system-wide root.crt

From: Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Stephen Gran <sgran(at)debian(dot)org>, DSA list <debian-admin(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq: system-wide root.crt
Date: 2010-08-19 21:11:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello PostgreSQL developers,

Martin Pitt [2010-08-17 6:49 +0200]:
> I received a request to support system-wide root certificates in
> libpq. Right now it only looks in ~/.postgresql/root.crt, but since
> such certificates are usually set up system wide and be maintained by
> the sysadmins, it would be very convenient if there was a fallback
> lookup in /etc/postgresql/ or similar.

Patch attached against current git head. I tested it with both the
default case (new option not specified), as well as with
--with-ssl-root-cert-dir=/etc/postgresql-common, and confirm that in
the latter case root.crt gets picked up from
/etc/postgresql-common/ if it's not in ~/.postgresql/.

Thank you for considering,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-system-wide-fallback-directory-for-SSL-root-cert.patch text/x-diff 4.8 KB