BUG #5625: PostgreSQL fail to install files in data folder.

From: "Stanisluv Platonov" <stanisluv(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5625: PostgreSQL fail to install files in data folder.
Date: 2010-08-18 17:19:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5625
Logged by: Stanisluv Platonov
Email address: stanisluv(at)mail(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4,9.0 beta4
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate RUS
Details:

PostgreSQL fail to install files in data folder if user or computer name
has cirilic symbols.
If you change computer name or create new user without cirilic symbols you
can install PostgreSQL 8.4.4 or 9.0 beta 4 without any problems.
I use "one click installer" because I cann`t find "pgInstaller" package for
Windows on this site. :(