Re: MS Access and field-level permissions?

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access and field-level permissions?
Date: 2010-08-17 23:04:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc
* Benjamin Smith (lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com) wrote:
> This may be a PG issue and not an ODBC issue, but Filemaker Pro works fine with
> the restrictive permissions, MS Access is where things break.

It's actually a SQL spec requirement..

> ideas?

You should be able to create queries in access against just the fields
the user(s) have access to against the linked table (I'd hope anyway,
but I'm not an Access expert).  An alternative would be to create views
that only pull through the columns you want visible to your Access
users.

	Thanks,

		Stephen