MS Access and field-level permissions?

From: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access and field-level permissions?
Date: 2010-08-17 22:50:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ok, now I have another issue...

We're using field level permissions to restrict what data is accessible over
ODBC - we're enabling SELECT only and on a restrictive set of fields. But, when
we try to link up with MS Access, none of the fields are populated. You can see
the fields, but never the content of the fields.

Similarly, with this configuration, via psql when I run "select * from table"
where I don't have permissions to all fields in the table, I get a "Permission
denied" error rather than any content.

This may be a PG issue and not an ODBC issue, but Filemaker Pro works fine with
the restrictive permissions, MS Access is where things break.

ideas?

believed to be clean.