BUG #5617: pg_restore behaves unexpectedly on 'invalid' command line

From: "Leo Shklovskii" <leo(at)thermopylae(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5617: pg_restore behaves unexpectedly on 'invalid' command line
Date: 2010-08-13 00:01:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5617
Logged by:          Leo Shklovskii
Email address:      leo(at)thermopylae(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
Operating system:   Windows 7 (x86)
line
Details:

If I put options after the filename to use for pg_restore.exe then it
behaves in a very unintuitive way. So, for example:

pg_restore.exe -U postgres d8.dump -d d8a

This should either result in the command working as expected, or an error
that the args weren't correct. I understand that arg parsing can be hard in
situations so the latter would be perfectly fine.

Instead, I get a dump of the SQL generated to the screen which is a mess and
its hard to figure out that you did something wrong.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Fujii MasaoDate: 2010-08-13 01:21:07