BUG #5561: Tsearch across schemas

From: "Satish Kumar" <satish(dot)kumar(at)icasework(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5561: Tsearch across schemas
Date: 2010-07-13 11:10:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5561
Logged by:          Satish Kumar
Email address:      satish(dot)kumar(at)icasework(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system:   Ubuntu 9.04

We decided to use gist text search on two columns in our database (both on
different tables) and hence decided we required the tsearch2.sql
functionalities. We ran tsearch2.sql and create index across 5 schemas.

CREATE INDEX case_attributes_text ON case_attributes USING gist

CREATE INDEX appl_categories_cat1 ON appl_categories USING gist

Thing seems to work fine until we encounter an occasion error message when
running our application and trying to insert into the appl_categories or
case_attributes table.

SEVERE: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: No tsearch cfg with id
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: No tsearch cfg with id 698563

On further investigation we found out the OID 698563 was on pg_ts_cfg table
of a different schema.

Is there a known issue where even though we are passing in the right
search_path to point to the right schema, the index might fail to look into
the right schema for updating itself?

iCasework Ltd.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Robert WalkerDate: 2010-07-13 14:57:52