Re: Unable to commit: transaction marked for rollback

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to commit: transaction marked for rollback
Date: 2010-07-06 16:16:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I wanted to follow up on this with what we think is the solution.

we increased the value in this Geronimo config.xml

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/transaction/2.1.4/car">
  <gbean name="TransactionManager">
               <attribute name="defaultTransactionTimeoutSeconds">3600</attribute>
  </gbean>
</module>

If we decrease that to like 15 seconds, we can reproduce the problem every time.

So, as a fix, we've increased it to a high enough value. Now, of course, the key
is to remember this so that if it happens again we'll know that we hit the new
max timeout.

Thanks!

Dave