Why are these modules built without respecting my LDFLAGS?

From: "Aaron W(dot) Swenson" <aaron(dot)w(dot)swenson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why are these modules built without respecting my LDFLAGS?
Date: 2010-06-27 12:13:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a short list of modules that have been built without respecting my
LDFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS_SL. They are as follows:

autoinc.so
citext.so
earthdistance.so
insert_username.so
isn.so
lo.so
moddatetime.so
refint.so
tablefunc.so
timetravel.so
tsearch2.so

I have looked around in the documentation and the source code, but have found
nothing enlightening.

Is there a way to force them to be built with my LDFLAGS? Is it a bad idea? If
so, why?

Sincerely,
Aaron W. Swenson