Why are these modules built without respecting my LDFLAGS?

From: "Aaron W(dot) Swenson" <aaron(dot)w(dot)swenson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why are these modules built without respecting my LDFLAGS?
Date: 2010-06-27 12:13:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have a short list of modules that have been built without respecting my
LDFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS_SL. They are as follows:

  autoinc.so
  citext.so
  earthdistance.so
  insert_username.so
  isn.so
  lo.so
  moddatetime.so
  refint.so
  tablefunc.so
  timetravel.so
  tsearch2.so

I have looked around in the documentation and the source code, but have found
nothing enlightening.

Is there a way to force them to be built with my LDFLAGS? Is it a bad idea? If
so, why?

Sincerely,
  Aaron W. Swenson

Subject: Re: parallelizing subplan execution (was: explain and PARAM_EXEC)