BUG #5512: Password error message

From: "Christian Hansen" <chansen23(at)btinternet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5512: Password error message
Date: 2010-06-18 19:25:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5512
Logged by:          Christian Hansen
Email address:      chansen23(at)btinternet(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

I need to set up a programme supported by Java and postgresql 8.4
I chose Gr8Dane$23 as my database password and successfully installed
postgradsql 8.4
When it came to launch the programme,I needed to type in the postrgadsql
password, and I got an error message "Fatal error..." I assume it was
because it did not like the $ in my password. So I uninstalled postgradsql
intending to use a password without any symbols, but now I cannot reinstall
it as I get an error message "Incorrect password". Could you reset your
database so I can reinstall postgradsql. And also advise me about what I can
use as a password, so I do not get these error messages again.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: EliorDate: 2010-06-20 16:42:51