BUG #5510: ODBC database 8.4.2 not working on windows 7 32 bit

From: "Ravi" <surabibio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5510: ODBC database 8.4.2 not working on windows 7 32 bit
Date: 2010-06-18 08:02:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5510
Logged by: Ravi
Email address: surabibio(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8
Operating system: Windows 7
Details:

ODBC database 8.4.2 not working on windows 7 32 bit.

When I click "Test setting" I get the following
error:
Could not connect to the server;
A connection attempt failed because the connected
party did not properly respond after a period of t
time.

I have tried disabling the firewall etc.

I suspect ODBC is not compatible with windows 7.

I have been able to set it up and got it working
on Vista, XP for
serveral years.