Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook
Date: 2010-06-14 12:35:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This is essentially the same patch that I wrote and posted several
> weeks ago, with changes to the comments and renaming of the
> identifiers. Are you trying to represent it as your own work?

Ehh, I doubt it. He had included your patch in another patch that he
was working, which I then reviewed and asked him to update/change, and
I think part of that was me asking that he keep the hook patch split
out. He then split it out of his patch rather than just going back to
yours.

> With all due respect, I intend to imply my own version. Please make
> your other proposed patches apply on top of that.

This strikes me as a case of "gee, won't git help here?". Perhaps we
can use this as an opportunity to show how git can help. Then again,
it's not exactly a huge patch. :)

Thanks,

Stephen
(who won't mention the impetus for the hook being put here in
the first place.. ;)