BUG #5507: missing chunk number 0 for toast value XXXXX in pg_toast_XXXXX

From: "Shinji Nakajima" <sinakaj(at)jops(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5507: missing chunk number 0 for toast value XXXXX in pg_toast_XXXXX
Date: 2010-06-14 10:28:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5507
Logged by:          Shinji Nakajima
Email address:      sinakaj(at)jops(dot)co(dot)jp
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.8
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)
pg_toast_XXXXX
Details:

Error message called "missing chunk number" occurred when I did select of
the specific column of the specific table.
I did not update this record, but was in such a condition suddenly.
There seems to be the person that a similar phenomenon
occurs."http://www.ruizs.org/archives/138"
I delete a record, and the system restores, but prime cause is unknown.
Will this be a bug of the databases?

pgsql-bugs by date