BUG #5493: Character Encoding is not happenning properly

From: "Bakkiya" <bakkiya(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5493: Character Encoding is not happenning properly
Date: 2010-06-08 05:02:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5493
Logged by:          Bakkiya
Email address:      bakkiya(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.8
Operating system:   Suse Linux 10
Details:

Hi,
We have postgresql 8.3.8 version on 32 bit and 64 bit SLES servers. On both
the servers we are having the client encoding as UNICODE
show CLIENT_ENCODING --- "unicode"
We have created the database with UTF8 encoding.
But when we give uppoer/lower of any extended characters, it is behaving
differently.
Example:
32 Bit m/c:
select upper('ê') -- "Ê"
64 Bit m/c:
select upper('ê') -- "ê"

Don't think it as an issue with OS. Can you plese help us in solving this.

Thanks.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Florian WeimerDate: 2010-06-08 08:01:20