Re: Installing version 8.4

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Installing version 8.4
Date: 2010-05-29 22:54:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Saturday 29 May 2010 3:09:05 pm Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having problems installing PostgreSQL 8.4 on Windows 7. (See below)
>
> I downloaded the install from Enterprise DB.
>
> I attempted to install the same app on Windows XP.
>
> Both installs gave the same error message.
>
> Can anyone point me to a PostgreSQL installation for Windows that works?
>
> Can anyone suggest a way around these problems. (Enterprise support has yet
> to answer).
>
> Bob

From here:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/pginst_guide.do

Troubleshooting

If you encounter any problems during installation, please check the logfile that
is created in /tmp on Linux or Mac OS X or %TEMP% on Windows. The file will be
called install-postgresql.log. The logfile may contain the superuser password
you specified during the installation, which should be replaced before sharing
the log with anyone.

Did you look to see if there is anything in the above location that provides
more information?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com