Re: Londiste

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Londiste
Date: 2010-05-27 02:22:40
Lists: pgsql-docs

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas wrote:

> >> I don't know that I'm eager to link from our docs to the wiki. ?That
> >> seems likely to lead to maintenance headaches. ?But on the other hand,
> >> I see no problem mentioning third-party products that are part of the
> >> PG ecosystem.
> >
> > Well, the problem is that we have more solutions that fit in the docs in
> > normal places.
>
> Isn't that just a matter of rejiggering the page formatting a little bit?

The point is that there is a lot of replication information I don't want
to merge into that SGML page so even if we mention "Londiste", the wiki
reference is still useful. I have the same problem with mentioning
pooling in the docs --- there is no natural place to put it, but I can
reference the wiki from the performance SGML docs.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com