Re: PgWest Locations

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgWest Locations
Date: 2010-05-21 22:48:41
Lists: sfpug

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:10:30PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 17:43 -0400, Christophe Pettus wrote:
> > On May 21, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > What is the area like around the Kabuki?
> >
> > Very pleasant and walkable; it's right in Japantown. Lots of
> > interesting stuff.
>
> Specifically, is it family safe? I mean, and I don't mean this
> negatively but there are quite a few members of our community
> (myself included) that have a tendency to show up with wives and
> babies. Are they able to walk around without incident and enjoy?
>
> No offense to the town or anything, I just don't know.

If anybody has wives get offended by the presence of non-white people,
or non-straight people, or even mentions of the existence of
sexuality, they're probably going to have an issue anywhere in the San
Francisco Bay Area. I recommend to anyone who has such wives that
they leave same at home, at least 'til they've learned how to act
civilized.

As far as violent crime goes, your chances are much better being a
victim of same in a small town than any big city, and that's not even
taking into account the fact that such violence is a lot closer to
being evenly distributed in small towns than it is in big cities. :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!