Transferring Data between databases

From: Carel Combrink <s25291930(at)tuks(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transferring Data between databases
Date: 2010-05-21 07:50:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I want to do the following: When data gets added to a table in one
database a subset of that data must be sent to another database,
perhaps on another computer. The primary database will not always be
connected to the secondary one and must perhaps (not that urgent now)
send the data (old and new) to the secondary database as soon as they
are connected.

Can I write triggers or something that will do this inside the database?

I know Sloni-I and other software does replication but that is not
really what I need (I think). I read up on some of these software but
can't seem to find what I am looking for.

If someone can point me in the right direction it will be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Carel Combrink
s25291930(at)tuks(dot)co(dot)za

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer
to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full
details. / Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule
onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jayadevan MDate: 2010-05-21 08:23:08